This online application process allows you to apply for South Dakota tuition assistance. Eligibility requirements to receive tuition assistance are listed below in South Dakota Codified Law, Chapter 33-6-7.
SDCL CHAPTER 33-6-7. Eligibility requirements for tuition privilege. To be eligible for fifty percent of in-state resident tuition without cost or reimbursement, a national guard member shall:
(1) Be a member of the South Dakota Army National Guard Unit or Air National
Guard Unit throughout each semester or vocational program for which the member applies for benefits;
(2) Have satisfactorily completed required initial basic training;
(3) Have satisfactorily performed duty upon return from basic training, including a
minimum ninety percent attendance on scheduled drill dates and at annual training with the member's parent unit;
(4) Maintain satisfactory academic progress; and
(5) Provide proper notice to the institution at the time of registration for the term in
which the benefits are sought.
Source: SL 1975, ch 147, § 3; SL 1981, ch 253; SL 1985, ch 269, § 2; SL 2004, ch 222, § 1.
Contact Us Tutorial